Sirens Of Silence Charity Inc. - Supporting our Triple Zero Heroes
Our Principle Aim
3 Way Support Process:
If you are a Paramedic, Police Officer, Fire Fighter, Triple Zero Communications Officer, whether you are career staff, volunteer, retired, injured, resigned, terminated or current staffplease join us and show support for our emergency personnel.
If you have events and fundraisers you would like advertised with links here, please email us
Up and Coming Events
- Sirens of Silence Charity and Australian Institute of Fitness WA, Scholarship. Submissions close Midnight September 21st.
- Mental Health Week 8th - 15th October, Various seminars and presentations, visit WAAMH for details of events and registrations.
- Sirens of Silence Shufflers will be supporting 'Relay for Life' in the fight against cancer October 8-9th Broome.
- Sirens of Silence Charity Golf Day, Broome Golf Club, October 14th. Registration form here.
- Professional Development Seminar (second seminar of 'Working with - Grief, Loss and Trauma') October 31st with Road Trauma Support WA
- Mental Health Week 8th - 15th October 2016, Various seminars and presentations, visit WAAMH for details and sessions.
Well it's already September, where has this year gone? It's been one whirlwind after another this year, the time is racing by and so we are racing to keep up. Speaking of racing, do you like to RUN? Why not join Rogue Runners Club Australia, this wonderful supportive bunch of short and long distance runners raise money and awareness for Sirens of Silence, to keep up to date with all things Rogue like them on Facebook and delcare yourself 'Rogue'.
The Rogue’s mission is to become the ‘go-to’ community running crew and network for paid or voluntary emergency service personnel and their families to assist with fitness, running and nutritional goals in support of reducing and preventing the impacts and symptoms of post-traumatic stress and mental illness.
So what to do now: declare yourself 'Rogue' on the Facebook page at RRCA Members Group, and meet some of the wonderful inspiring, creative like minded people from Rogue Runners Club Australia.
The fundraising has begun, if you would like to sponsor your favourite Rogue or join the fund-raising leader board as a 'Rogue' individual or team simply visit Rogue Runners for Sirens of Silence Charity Inc via our Mycause platform.
Keep an eye out for the Jase and Dan (below) at thebig bright ORANGE RRCA marquee at running events with some fabulous tunes playing on the PA, they have gold coin donation post run 'rub downs' by the fabulous team of soothing hands from the Australian Institute of Fitness as well merchandise sales of runners Tee's and Singlets.
Australian Institute of Fitness Scholarships -
Along with the Rogues this year we have also joined forces with The Australian Institute of Fitness, the amazing gang at the AIF in Perth have offered us TWO Master Trainer Scholarships valued at $6990 each, all members of SOS are eligible to apply for this fabulous opportunity to change your life and do something you're passionate about with health and fitness. Simply email us your submission of 'why you would like to renew your career path and how winning a Master Trainer Scholarship could finally help you change your life for the better'. All inquiries and submissions to be emailed. Submissions close Midnight September 21st 2016. The two successful submissions will be notified by October 14th 2016. Best of luck members, if you are not yet a member and you are or have been either Ambulance, Police or Fire personnel complete the membership form and send it to us with your submission.
Don't delay, get your submission in today, for your chance to try change your life for the better.
Relay for Life - Supporting the Cancer Council.
October 8th and 9th in Broome W.A. you will find the Sirens of Silence Shufflers, doing the 24hr Relay for Life to support the Cancer Council in the fight against Cancer. If you would like to support our team and sponsor us please click here. We have already raised over $3189 but obviously we'd like this to increase as much as possible, your generosity and help is appreciated greatly.
The girls have been busy doing auctions, raffles, sausage sizzles and cake stalls, but we still need your help.
Sirens of Silence Charity Golf Day Broome, 14th October 2016 -
It's almost that time of year again, for our fun frivolity filled Golf Day, in 2015 we raised just over an amazing $8,000 this year we hope to beat this and find many more new players to the game. To register your team or yourself as a single player click here for the registration form.
Sponsorship positions all now SOLD, thanks to our fabulous sponsors we are set for a great fund day again for 2016.
Funds raised this year will be used to bring the Road Trauma Support WA Professional Development Seminar on "Working with Grief, Loss and Trauma" to the Northwest region, to assist our triple zero heroes working on the front line within our regional areas.
Exciting news items in 2016 for the Gibb Challenge:
The Gibb Challenge has been announced as one of the four finalists for 'Australia's Favourite Event' in the Australian Event Awards, please help them be the final WINNER. The Gibb Challenge helped us raise over $470,000 for our triple zero heroes so let's give something back and vote for them.
Voting for the four finalists continues right up until 9pm on the night of the Event Awards on 21 September 2016. Cast your vote now for our favourite event. You can vote for your favourite here, especially for The Gibb Challenge: www.eventawards.com.au
GWN News item at the Pentecost river: https://au.gwn7.yahoo.com/w1/news/a/-/local/31741386/hundreds-take-on-gruelling-outback-challenge-video/
Kimberley Echo Video Elquestro. https://www.facebook.com/KimberleyEcho/videos/1292205407473929/
Sirens of Silence, Home Valley Station Thank you Speech: https://youtu.be/et_Pq5pxNlg
Rule #5 2016 Gibb Challenge Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-AvowzT3Cs
Team Korea 2016 Gibb Challenge Video- thanks to Paik and Jesse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3v8xldx5w
Kimberley Echo news article: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/31696030/gibb-challenge-raises-400-000-for-broomes-sirens-of-silence/
Broome Advertiser news article: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/31641708/gibb-challenge-funds-to-help-sirens-of-silence-expand/
Other Important Information:
- Online Merchandise: Don't forget if you would like to have your very own piece of Sirens of Silence merchandise you can visit our new look on line store and remember all orders help raise awareness and much needed funds to supportfor your emergency service personnel.
- New Partnerships: Sirens of Silence Charity would like to welcome on board Psychologist Eliza Hatton (Bachelor of Psychology, Psychologist and Psychotherapist) from Mount Pleasant Counselling Service, Eliza is a well respected and accomplished Psychologist who specialises in helping emergency service personnel. Special discounts apply for Sirens of Silence Members, contact us for more information.
- Fundraising: If you or your organisation would like to fundraise on behalf of SOS please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org we are grateful to all offers of assistance, whether by way of 'in kind' support, discounts, awareness raising as well as fabulous fund-raising.
THANK YOU, to you all for your support in helping Sirens of Silence Charity support our Triple Zero Heroes.
Best of luck to you all.
Latest News Articles -
Perth Now - 'St John Ambulance Responsible' 18th Sept 2016
Perth Now - 'St John Boss at odds with WA government' 13th Sept 2016
A Current Affair - 'Frontliners' 19th Aug 2016
4 Corners - 'Insurers Accused of making PTSD worse' 1st Aug 2016
4 Corners - 'Insult to Injury' 1st Aug 2016
Paramedics Overstretched 3rd May 2016
SJA in WA on defensive in lead up to suicide reviews 22nd April 2016
MP Adele Farina Slams Report 9th March 2016
Chief Psychiatrist Report 9th March 2016
Ambulance Service told to Improve 9th March 2016
ABC News article: Bullying Claims not Addressed 9th March 2016
ABC 7.30 Program: EMDR 20th November 2015
Former Paramedics call for better support services 4th November 2015
New Support Guidelines for PTSD in Australia 28th October 2015
Charity aims to support emergency service heroes 13th August 2015
Paramedic speaks of struggle with PTSD 6th August 2015
- Sadly we farewell another triple zero hero: Senior Constable Leigh McQuade from NSW Police, died 18th August 2016.
- February brings great sadness for all involved within the WA Ambulance, we are extremely saddened to announce the death of Paramedic Paul Oliver on February 10th. Paul recently worked in Hedland Western Australia and will remain 'In our Hearts' as a great work mate and great friend.
We have no further details surrounding Paul's death at this stage. See our memorial page for a special mention of Paul.
- With great sadness we announce Ambulance Paramedic Liam Bilsborough took his life today the 4th February in Toodyay W.A. Liam was recently stationed in Kalgoorlie. Our thoughts and our hearts go out to his family, friends, colleagues and all who knew this gentle lovely man.
Many of us have worked with and alongside Liam, sadly we have no answers but we will remember you always "In our Hearts" Rest In Peace, you have your final 89 and goodnight.
- Sadly this month we say goodbye and stand down to a number of overseas EMT's and emergency service personnel. Sadly our colleagues across the seas have had another tragic month with too many lives lost in the U.S. South Africa and the U.K. We have all seen too many suicides, our thoughts are with you all at these difficult times.
- Back home to Australia we say farewell and RIP to a young female paramedic from Geelong, Victoria. (Name not released) RIP young one.
- We also say farewell to Senior Constable Simone Carroll from Victoria, SC Carroll will be laid to rest on the 20th October 2015, 1030hrs. Police Academy (main Chapel) 1 View Mount Rd, Glen Waverley, Victoria.
With a gathering to remember SC Carroll at the Mulgrave Country Club, Wheelers Hill.
- In memory of retired Police Superintendent Mr Roy Patterson.
Roy passed away aged 89 on the 2nd Sept 2015 with his loving wife Tina at his bedside, his Funeral Service will be held at East Chapel, Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park, 1430hrs Wednesday 9th September. You will be sadly missed by many Roy, RIP.
- Sadly firefighter, war vet and former police officer Kevin Corby will be laid to rest on 12th August 2015 at Karrakatta 1030hrs. Followed by a send off at the Herdsman.
-It is with great sadness we can report a Western Australian Police Officer has taken his life in the Goldfields on Friday 24th July 2015, our thoughts are with all involved, family, friends and colleagues. RIP Brother in Blue.
Our Police Officers place their lives on the line everyday, the ongoing side effects of continual traumatic events and saddening situations can lead to various issues for those we know to be strong and proud. Consider the next time you see a Police Officer doing the job they dedicate themselves to, thank them for being the ones who choose to be there to keep us all safe.
The funeral service for Scott Blanchard will be held on Thursday 6th August 2015 at Karrakatta 1430hrs
If you or someone you know needs immediate help for a crisis situation please call 000 for help or click the links below and seek help.